Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rosa Mexicana Guacomole

PRE-STORY: Rosa Mexicano is an incredible Mexican restaurant that makes tableside guacamole. By that, I mean the best guac I've ever had. So imagine my surprise when they asked if I wanted the recipe. Uh...YES, thank you very much.

DISH: Appetizer
SOURCE/ADAPTED FROM: Rosa Mexicano Restaurant
PREP TIME: ~15 minutes

• 1 Haas Avocado
• 3 Tablespoons Onions, chopped
• 1 teaspoon Jalepeno Chile, chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
• 2 Tablespoons Tomato, chopped (discard juice and seeds)

In a bowl, using the back of a wooden spoon, thoroughly mash the following ingedients into a juicy paste (using the salt as a grinder).
• 1 Tablespoons Onions, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Jalepeno Chile, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt

Holding the avocado in the cup of the hand, split the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Slice the avocado lenthwise in approx. 1/8" strips, then across forming a grid (cut through the flesh only, not into the skin). Scoop the avocado out of the skin with a spoon.

Add the avocado to the paste and thoroughly mix together, then add the rest of the ingredients and fold. Add jalapeno chiles and salt to taste.

RATING/DIFFICULTY:
5 OMG Calories Don't Count

Easy Peasy

SERVED WITH:
TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips

FINAL NOTES:
Ok, perhaps I'm confused on the recipe, but what I read and what I do is two different things. I read that I'm suppose to use 1 Tablespoon of the 3 Tablespoons of Onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the 1 teaspoon of Jalepeno, etc. to make this. What I do is use the full amount both lists of ingredients. I've made this on a couple of occasions, including feeding a crowd on New Year's Eve to rave reviews. Either way, I'm positive this is a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. Damn you! Now I'm craving guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday and it was amazing!!!! I added some lime juice and left out the cilantro because I forgot to buy it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete