Sunday, July 1, 2012

Burger Friday - Cajun Turkey Burger


PRE-STORY I'm making Gumbo and N'Orlean's Red Beans and Rice (completely different from my regular Puerto Rican Beans/Rice) so I had Cajun ingredients on-hand and decided to just make something up.  

DISH: Turkey Burger

SOURCE/ADAPTED FROM: The voices in my head that say "try this, it'll be good".

ACTIVE TIME: ~20 minutes TOTAL TIME: ~30 Minutes



  •  1 pound ground turkey
  •  1 link Andouille Sausage, diced
  •  1/4 C Diced Onion
  •  1/4 C Diced Celery
  •  1/4 C Diced Bell Pepper
  •  1/4 C Vegetable oil
  •  3 Kaiser Rolls 
  •  Dash of Salt
  •  Dash of Cayenne Pepper
  •  Dash of Emeril's Essence Seasoning
  •  1 clove garlic, grated
  •  Splash of garlic flavored olive oil
  •  Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

    Heat the grill.  Saute the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat for ~5 minutes.  Remove from heat, set aside to cool slightly.

    Mix turkey, andouille saussage, salt, cayenne, and olive oil, and Essence together.  Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic mixture.  Form into three 1/2-inch-thick patties in a large patty maker.  Don't forget the thumb print I talked about in the last two burger recipes.   

    Grill the burgers 6 minutes a side, start with thumb indention up. 

    SERVES / NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:

    We had J so this made three servings.  They weren't as big as the last couple weeks. 
    RATING/DIFFICULTY:

    Really Good / Easy Peasy

    SERVED WITH:

    Zataran's Dirty Rice with diced Andouille.

    FINAL NOTES:
    I'm not a spicy food fan, but this could have been kicked up a notch.  I'd recommend more cayenne or we used Ragin Cajun Garlic Sauce (I'm trying to order on-line, if I can, I'll post a link).  Next time, I'd put it in the meat pre-cooking. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment