Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chicken Marsala Ravioli

PRE-STORY: Cat and Oli were coming over for supper, what better reason to bring out the pasta machine!!

DISH: Pasta
SOURCE/ADAPTED FROM:
Food Network, Chicken Marsala Ravioli Filling, Tyler Florence
PREP TIME: ~10minutes - this is just for the filling - add time to make the pasta! COOK TIME: 6 minutes

• 8 ounces chicken breast, cut in strips (about 1 chicken breast)
• 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 shallot, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, chopped I probably used two
• 1/4 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth (After talking with Phil, the wine guy at Wegman's he convinced me that the chicken marsala cooking wine was good enough, in the future, I'd use a real wine)
• 4 thin slices prosciutto, sliced
• 4 bay leaves
• Fresh thyme and parsley leaves
• 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
• Salt and pepper
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup heavy cream

Brown chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic. Deglaze with Marsala. Take pan away from heat source and flambe. Return pan to stove, flame will go out in about 1 minute. (I tried this, but there wasn't enough alcohol in the marsala cooking wine, so it wouldn't light. That's why I'd use real wine next time, I think the flambe would add some more depth in the flavor.) Add prosciutto and herbs. Sprinkle in bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil to keep moist. Discard bay leaves. Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor. Add egg, cream, remaining Parmesan and olive oil. Pulse again. Chill before filling ravioli.

SERVES / NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Serves 4

Calories: Unknown

RATING/DIFFICULTY:
5 - Calories are worth it! (At least I thought so...Cat??)

Just Tri! The average home cook can make this

SERVED WITH:
Mushroom Cream Sauce (next recipe), Wegman's Garlic Bread,

FINAL NOTES:
After seeing the amount of ravioli's I had (I made about 3 servings of the Basic Pasta Dough) I didn't think it would be enough. So I followed the above recipe and made 2 more chicken breasts. It was plenty!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment