Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let's Get It Started!

I love, love, love to cook, but...I don't have the time or innovation to create my own recipes. Between work, training for triathlons, and living my life I only have time to adapt other people's recipes to suit my desires, tastes, or what's available in the cupboard.

I've blogged about cooking in my other blog, Es Tri's, but decided to have one site solely about this passion and the other that focuses on Tri's and life in general.

Other Info About Me that will slip into conversations here are:
- Because I love, love, love to cook, I also love, love, love to eat. To offset the weight gain that goes along with this I compete in triathlons (hence the “tri” to cook) and other endurance events. I am an Ironman Finisher (Switzerland 2009) and will be competing in Ironman Arizona in 2011. (Ironman is a 2.4 mile Swim, 112 mile Bike, and a 26.2 mile Run - all in less than 17 hours)

- I have no official cooking training other than some classes at Open Kitchen (cool, cool place)! I have been cooking since I was probably a pre-teen and continue to learn something new every time I pick up a cookbook or turn on Food Network. I always say if I was cute and bubbly I’d give Rachel Ray a run for her money but I’m neither so you’re stuck with me!

- Dude will probably get mentioned…often. Just so you know, I am completely “head-over-heels, schoolgirl-crush-giddy, heart-skips-a-beat” in love with my boyfriend Dude - and not JUST because he has a gourmet kitchen! On top of being my love, he's my recipe taster, photographer, race support/spectator, dishwasher un-loader, grocery bag lifter, wine bottler opener, etc., etc., etc.

- A few of my favorite things:
Recipes:
Epicurious
Food Network
Food and Wine

Shopping:
Wegmans
Napa Style

Magazines:
Cooking Light Clean Eating

I also just search to find other blogs about cooking and there are some great ones out there. I'll post links as I find them.

I hope you enjoy this - if you make any of the recipes drop me a line and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for your new blog! I can so identify with much of what you wrote. I think we need to start cooking together. We can do our own version of Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete