Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2011 Challenge

Each month I will choose a magazine, cookbook, website, something and develop a list of at least 10 recipes to make. After making the recipe I will share my thoughts, adaptations and reviews here.

For March, I’m choosing Clean Eating Magazine, Mar/Apr 2010. I’ve made a couple things from here in the past and the food is quite good - lots of vegetables, whole grains, and protein. While I’d love to go 100% Clean it’s just not possible with an 11-year old (OK, maybe I’m just saying it’s because of J, when in truth, its my love of greasy cheeseburgers and fries).

Without further ado the recipes for March 2011 are:

• Citrus Rice Salad with Chicken Pinwheels and Pecans
Steamed New Potatoes with Olive Oil, Parsley, and Chives
• Spanakopita Casserole
Broiled Salmon with Rosemary and Mushrooms
Flank Steak Roll with Spinach and Garlic
• Lemon Grilled Chicken and Bulgar Salad
• Chicken Souvalaki
• Chicken with Olive and Cherry Tomato Relish
Skillet Chicken Cutlets with Mushrooms
Pan Seared Trout with Garlic Caper Herb Sauce
Salmon and Vegetable Skewers over Brown rice
• Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are more than 10 recipes because some will be made together. I envision a Greek dinner with the Spanakopita and Souvalaki. And I foresee serving the Flank Steak with the Steamed New Potatoes. We have the nephews this weekend so maybe we’ll throw together the Cookies.

Time to start cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment