Thursday, January 19, 2012

Parmesan (Garlic) Chicken Wings

PRE-STORY: Wegman's is my happy place and often it is the source of inspiration. Tonight, I was wandering around the meat department and they had ready to cook parmesan garlic chicken breasts. Well, I remembered some parmesan wings I made for a get-together I had in Dec so I decided to add some garlic to the mix.

DISH: Chicken
SOURCE/ADAPTED FROM: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken, Parmesan Chicken Wings Oreganata
ACTIVE TIME: ~15 minutes COOK TIME: 45 minutes

• 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
• 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley Eyeballed Amount
• 2 teaspoons Paprika Eyeballed Amount
• 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Eyeballed Amount
• 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil Didn't have any basil, well, I had fresh but forgot about it until after they were in the oven
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt Eyeballed Amount
• 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper Eyeballed Amount
• 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter or Margarine, melted Used Brummell & Brown Yogurt Butter Spread
• 1 pound Chicken Wings, disjointed and tips removed Used wings/drumettes mix
Added 2 cloves minced Garlic
Added sprinkling of Cayenne Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a paper bag I used a bowl , combine cheese, parsley, paprika, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl.

Dip chicken pieces into butter, then place in paper bag and shake to coat. Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheet and bke for 45 minutes. Serve hot.

SERVES / NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Serves Makes 12 mini-drumsticks

RATING/DIFFICULTY:
5 - Make this for your friends!!! Great recipe for a party...I know, I've made them for a party!

Easy Peasy

SERVED WITH:
Wegman’s Butternut Squash, Baby Spinach, and Craisens mix and Wegman's Mac and Cheese. (Have I ever mentioned I love Wegman's?!?!)

FINAL NOTES:
Another very versatile recipe. Play with the seasonings. Put the mix on chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, coat sliced potatoes, etc. It's also easy to double, triple, quadruple for a party. AND other then the cooking, it takes no time to prepare. If you are having a long open house, have a couple batches prepped and a batch cooking while others are being served.

No comments:

Post a Comment